Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Join
BCBS GA - long wait times
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/12/2016 at 2:58:14 PM GMT
BCBS GA - long wait times
We are a small staff DME and frequently are forced to wait 45 minutes or more when trying to verify eligibility or get a PA when calling into BCBS / Anthem. We simply do not have the resources of time or staff to wait on hold 45 minutes each time! (And then sometimes get transferred to a different department too!)

Does anyone have a connection with BCBSGA/Anthem that could make a difference? They need to improve their processes, develop new technology, hire someone to answer the phone! 

Suggestions?

8/12/2016 at 3:32:05 PM GMT
We get our PA's and eligibility online with their website....usually in minutes...

8/12/2016 at 8:11:51 PM GMT

Exert below from our Auth Team.   I am going to check out the portal though.  Thank you

My experience with the BCBS of Anthem plans hasn’t been that bad.

I may be on hold a few minutes getting passed through to the correct state (according to prefix), and state to state may vary as far as hold time, but if the main BCBS number is used (800.676.2583), the connection made to the appropriate state plan is usually pretty quick.

I don’t know of a different way other than calling, unless they have the necessary permissions inside availity and/or the various state portals that offer authorization submissions online, but not many of those portals are user-friendly and most don’t have the option of submitting auth requests.

Last edited Friday, August 12, 2016
8/14/2016 at 6:12:33 PM GMT
We utilize approval on line and it only takes a few minutes.
Johnny Carroll

Contact Us
3605 Sandy Plains Rd ▲ Suite 240-470 ▲ Marietta ▲ GA ▲30066 ▲ 229-402-0206 ▲ fax: 706-863-2337 ▲ triddle@mrshomecare.com