Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Join
WAKE UP RURAL PROVIDERS
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

11/3/2014 at 4:31:34 PM GMT
WAKE UP RURAL PROVIDERS

Dear Rural Providers, and anyone outside of a Competitive Bid Area: 

Well, our worst fears have come to fruition. The CMS announcement last week that they plan to roll out CB pricing to rural areas in CY 2015 instead of industry projected 2016 has caught us all with our pants down. 

At this point as we await AA Homecare and VGM's interpretation of exactly how this will affect each of us in rural areas, one thing is certain, it is, and will be as bad or worse than we thought.

I urge all of you in rural areas, companies that up to this point have silently supported the industry from the sidelines without being directly affected; to step up and SCREAM at your local members of congress, that we are not in urban areas, we were never prepared for bid pricing, and we WILL either go out of business or drastically reduce service and quality of care to our customers in order to survive.

Now is the time for GAMES members in small towns and rural areas to pick up the phone and encourage your competitors to join GAMES.  Go by their office, let them know that there are still avenues to fight this through State and National associations. Let your referrals know, put it on Facebook, call your local and regional newspapers and television stations. Shout it from the rooftops, because on January 1, 2015 you are very possibly looking at a 99$ concentrator, and I know that regardless of how each of you run your business, I cant continue to run MRS Homecare as it looks today on a 99$ a month for an oxygen patient.

Tyler Riddle

Vice President MRS Homecare Inc.

GAMES President Elect.

11/19/2014 at 8:02:18 PM GMT
Tyler,

You share great insight. I hope our rural friends and members will take up yours, mine and GAMES cause to stay vigilant. We need to stick together now more than ever to make through the storms. Glad you have my back and I will do all I can to have yours

Contact Us
2700 Cumberland Parkway ▲ Suite 570 ▲ Atlanta ▲ GA ▲30339 ▲ phone: 404.299.7700 ▲ fax: 404.299.7029▲devin@associationstrategygroup.us